The National Museum Volunteers (NMV) is a non-profit organisation, which has served the National Museum Bangkok since 1969. Under the auspices of the Department of Fine Arts, the NMV supports the National Museum Bangkok through a variety of educational and cultural activities. Members study the art, history and culture of Thailand and its neighbours and may train as museum guides.
NMV Members activities include:
- excursions and study trips in and around Bangkok and throughout Thailand
- study groups
- guiding workshop and study program
- monthly lectures and an Introductory lecture series on aspects of Thai history, religion or culture. These lectures are also open to the public.
One of the NMV’s important support roles is to provide English, French, German, and Japanese guides for foreign visitors to the museum.
The NMV has more than 400 members with a wide range of expertise and backgrounds. The membership is Thai and international and represents over 46 nations.
The group is organized by a volunteer Steering Committee chosen from among its members.
In 1989, 2001 and in 2004, the group received the Thai National Heritage Award. The group is also an Associate Member of the World Federation of Friends of Museums.
Promote your business for free on Just Landed:
- 1.Sign up with or login
- 2.Set up a free business account
- 3.Edit your listing - get new customers