The English Speaking Club of Bern was founded in 1978 as a meeting point for English speakers from all over the world. The ESCB purpose and aims are to:
- Facilitate intercultural communication and understanding between persons of different languages & cultures
- Foster the English language – open to everyone to improve their English conversation skills
- Provide a platform for social activities and networking for native and non-native English speakers and occassionally other English speaking organisations in Bern.
- Promote an informal, friendly and tolerant atmosphere
- Create an appealing meeting point for all age groups
Members are mixture of native (UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand South Africa etc.) and non-native speakers of English from all over the world, who want to speak or practice English. There are lots of Swiss nationals and many Germans, Dutch, Scandanavians and non-europeans among our members and guests. Many people who turn up to the English Speaking Club are Swiss with roots in, or a special interest, or personal relationship with an English speaking country, many are also foreigners working in Switzerland – sometimes for many years.
Promote your business for free on Just Landed:
- 1.Sign up with or login
- 2.Set up a free business account
- 3.Edit your listing - get new customers