International Language Institute - Italian for foreigners; study abroad programs; foreign languages for Italian people
The “Sorrento Lingue” International Language Institute is based in Sorrento, Campania, in the Province of Naples, close to the enchanting Amalfi Coast, Capri, Ischia and Pompeii.
Sorrento Lingue aims to be a center of excellence in the field of international education, the study of Italian for foreigners and the teaching of foreign languages to Italians. Open all year round, we specialize in innovative and creative programs in the following areas:
- Italian language and culture courses
- Language courses in: English, German, French, Spanish and Japanese
- Preparation courses for the following internationally recognized official examinations: CELI, TOEFL, Cambridge, Trinity, DELF, Cervantes, and GOETHE
- Academic Italian language and culture programs with foreign universities (both summer and semester programs)
- Conferences and seminars in the field of education and language training for both teaching and non-teaching university staff
We are committed to providing the highest quality language programs, being also focused on the future, and the needs of our students, academia and international partners. Through the Italian language, we aim to guide our students in their personal discovery of the rich history and cultural heritage of Italy, as well as the dynamism of its modern society.
We aspire to reach out to all Italian communities throughout the world and to help them reconnect with their roots. We equally seek to enable Italians to learn new languages and discover new cultures. We are constantly revaluating our goals and seeking ways to advance our teaching methods, we maintain an environment where growth and change is encouraged, and we will always remain flexible and available to our students.
Sorrento Lingue organizes study abroad programs for American Universities (short term and semester programs).
The Sorrento Lingue programs focus on: * Art and Archaeology * Literature * Social Studies * Business
in addition to the Italian language (all levels) which is an essential tool for daily life in Sorrento and to familiarize yourself with the local culture.
SPRING PROGRAM (semester)
Sorrento Lingue and Alfred State College(SUNY) announce their study abroad Italian Semester program for spring of 2011 in Sorrento. Transferring credits through the Alfred State College is possible for other Universities. Click here for details about courses and credit transfer http://www.sorrentolingue.com/italian-program-2010.htmlFALL PROGRAM (semester)
Sorrento Lingue organizes a fall semester including courses covering a wide range of liberal arts and social sciences (in English, except for those ones of Italian language). Each course consists of a total of 45 contact hours per 12-week semester. Students receive 3 credits for every course. A semester program consists of 18 credits totally. Transferring credits through the Alfred State College (SUNY network) is possible for other Universities.
Click here for details about courses and credit transfer: http://www.sorrentolingue.com/italian-in-italy.htmlSUMMER PROGRAMS (short term, 5 weeks)Sorrento Lingue organizes short term summer programs for American Universities (5 weeks), focused on Italian language and culture, humanities (history, literature, cinema…) and social studies. The courses are taught in English. University creditstransferred through a SUNY college (New York State).Click here for details: http://www.sorrentolingue.com/short.htmlFACULTY-LED PROGRAMS
Sorrento Lingue welcomes Faculty-led programs (tailor made to fit with the university’s goals) to our summer, winter and fall sessions with a variety of program options. A Faculty-led program has a very simple structure:
- Faculty bring their students to Sorrento Lingue for a summer session and Sorrento Lingue provides classroom facilities for the course. Your students are registered at your university, pay your university tuition, and receive your own university’s transcripts.
- Your students can also register for one of SL’s 3-credit courses.
Click here for details: http://www.sorrentolingue.com/faculty-led-programs.html
Promote your business for free on Just Landed:
- 1.Sign up with or login
- 2.Set up a free business account
- 3.Edit your listing - get new customers