Podiatrists are part of the health care team that specialises in the diagnosis and management of foot disorders & injuries associated with foot and lower limb function.
• Sports Podiatry – the specialty dealing with biomechanical, sporting & overuse complaints of the foot & lower limb, rather than general footcare such as toenails, callus or corns.
• Biomechanics of the feet and legs
• Video treadmill gait analysis
• Orthotic (arch support) prescription – premade & custom. Custom made ‘Sports Orthotics’ are flexible, cushioned and not rigid devices that block all foot movement.
• Orthotic repairs and recovers performed at our onsite workshop at the Bondi Junction clinic.
• Footwear evaluation & advice (casual, sports, industrial & safety)
• Medico-Legal Assessments and Reporting
• Routine footcare for nails, callus, corns, warts, diabetic care, etc. (Maroubra clinic only)
• Overuse complaints/injuries to the feet, ankles, knees, hips & lower back (when foot mechanics are a contributing factor). The conditions treated include, but are not limited to the following –
• plantar fasciitis treatment sydney
• Tibialis Posterior Dysfunction and Accessory Naviculars
• 1st MTP joint (big toe joint) Osteoarthritis and Bunions
• Plantar plate injuries
• Patellofemoral joint pain (Runner’s Knee)
• Medial Tibial Stress Syndrome (Shin Splints)
• Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain)
• Children’s “Growing Pains”
A doctor’s referral is not required to see the team at ‘Orthotic Solutions Podiatry’.