The Singapore Home School Group was started in the early 1990s, with a few families who were home schooling their children. This group has since grown to include some 200 families (Expatriates and Singaporeans) who meet regularly and participate in a variety of activities.
The group is a non-profit organization which aims to provide social activities and moral support to home schooling families in Singapore. Our members come from diverse backgrounds with each family managing their own curriculum. Our organization welcomes all homeschoolers who seek to meet other homeschoolers.
We have an annual curriculum fair sometime in April which is open to all who are interested or curious about homeschooling. We also organise concerts, science fairs, visits to the zoo, post office, and other interesting places.
Educational activities are interspersed with social activities like swimming pool outings, ice-skating, park outings, hiking, picnics, etc. Most of our social meets and field trips are on wednesday afternoons, except for the toddler's group that meets regularly on a weekday morning.
Why Families Home School
- The teaching methods can be specially tailored to meet the child's needs and pace of development.
- Parents can inculcate the values which they feel are important to the overall development of the child.
- Flexibility of time will allow the parents to spend more time with their children.
Promote your business for free on Just Landed:
- 1.Sign up with or login
- 2.Set up a free business account
- 3.Edit your listing - get new customers