Play English/The Bilingual School of Monza was founded in 1995.
The school aims are:
1) to provide a 'full immersion' model of education (in English) for the Early Years phase (ages 1-5).
2) to provide a bilingual model of education (Elementary school phase) which will safeguard and respect every aspect of the two major cultures as well as of all the other cultures represented in the school.
The bilingual curriculum follows the guidelines given by both the Italian and UK Ministries of Education and the school's programmes of study are taught through the medium of both English and Italian, by adopting a child-centred approach aiming to achieve academic excellence and bilingual proficiency.
3) At the end of the Primary phase (or at any given time prior to this), pupils should be able to integrate into either the International or Italian state school systems and national tests or exams are taken in order to guarantee this.
4) An active learning environment is promoted where children learn through hands-on experiences and where pupils' interests and innate curiosity are stimulated.
5) Cultural and linguistic diversity are promoted as an enriching and positive feature of modern society and respect, tolerance and appreciation towards diversity are encouraged.
6) The school also aims to promote the concept of 'European identity'.
7) The school offers a rich programme of extra curriculum activities, eg music, swimming, ballet, sports, drama, art, computers and a choice of modern foreign languages.
The school is housed in a recently renovated spacious building which is fully equipped and offers facilities such as well resourced classrooms, a library and video room, a computer suite and a music room, a dining hall and a gym. The school is walking distance from the beautiful park of Monza.
Promote your business for free on Just Landed:
- 1.Sign up with or login
- 2.Set up a free business account
- 3.Edit your listing - get new customers