DESS: an international beacon of excellence in education, where all can enjoy learning and achieve full potential in their academic, creative, personal, physical and moral development.
- In creating our vision we should continue to consult with all relevant stakeholders to assess our education needs — now and for the future. This should cover a range of issues and is expected to be ambitious and far-sighted. It should encompass:
- The ongoing planning, implementation and evaluation of a broad and balanced curriculum which develops knowledge and understanding and the skills for learning
- The promotion of DESS as a healthy school; developing healthy and happy children, who achieve more and are successful in learning and in life .
- The promotion of staff wellbeing; made effective from a foundation of open communication, a positive working and living environment and the provision of opportunities for continuing professional development.
- Using capital investment to deliver the highest standard in education and to significantly develop the school working environment. The school should inspire learning. It should nurture every pupil and member of staff. Buildings should be a source of pride and a very practical resource
- The recognition of the school community as a fundamental element in the drive toward the school’s vision .
- The development of state-of-the-art Information and Communication Technology (ICT) provision, through the promotion of a strategic plan for ICT.
- The implementation of a school operations and organisational structure which will best support the school in its mission and vision.
The education vision is the starting point for purposeful dialogue with stakeholders and for defining the scope of projects for the future.
At DESS we value :
- care and consideration which allows everyone to thrive
- the fostering of respect for, and tolerance of, others and their differing cultures
- the creation of a trusting community where honesty and integrity are the norm
- the nurturing of high self-esteem and the confidence to ‘have a go’
- a climate of enthusiasm and enjoyment in learning
- the development of skills for lifelong learning
- the desire to improve through reflective learning
- the perseverance to strive for success
- the pursuit of excellence
- the celebration of efforts and achievements
Promote your business for free on Just Landed:
- 1.Sign up with or login
- 2.Set up a free business account
- 3.Edit your listing - get new customers