The school was founded in 2000 by a group of parents who were looking for something extra in their children's education. The school started with 32 children in four classes by initially renting one floor of the present Infant department building shown here.
Because of strong parental demand over the next eight years the school grew steadily throughout each academic year and the number of classes needed correspondingly increased by an extra class every two years. This expansion eventually necessitated the use of a second building and a nearby language school was taken over at the end of 2007.
BISB was inspected during the 2007/08 academic year when it had grown to nearly four times its original size. The junior department opened in April 2008. This enabled the school to have one class for each year group from the 2008/09 year onwards as well as specialist rooms for French, Music and ICT teaching in each building.
British International School of Brussels aims to:
- sustain a friendly, safe and interesting environment that stimulates and encourages the fascination of learning.
- treat everyone in our school community as an individual, valuing their contributions and accomplishments.
- develop good home-school interaction and together improve the quality of learning.
- ensure that our children follow a well planned and stimulating programme of study, with a wide variety of learning opportunities, that increases knowledge and promotes understanding.
- determine and improve the capabilities, proficiencies and talents of each child in all sections of the curriculum.
- work with the children to attain the high standards that we expect from them in all aspects of life in school.
- help the children develop a sense of right and wrong as the foundation for relationships, alongside consideration of the rights, feelings and well-being of all others.
- enable the children to make a positive contribution to our multicultural society and to enjoy life, appreciating and coping with its disappointments and triumphs.
Promote your business for free on Just Landed:
- 1.Sign up with or login
- 2.Set up a free business account
- 3.Edit your listing - get new customers