Abounaja.com Abounaja is an agency for intellectual property,ip,registration in Dubai, Trademark registration,Brand name,Logo registration,utility model patent in Dubai,UAE.
- Protection Term: Trademark registrations are valid for 10 years from filing date and are renewable for like periods. There is a grace period of 6 months for late renewals with payment of a surcharge.
- Classification: The International Classification of Goods and Services (10th Edition) is followed. A separate application is required for each class.
- Opposition: Trademark applications accepted by the Registrar are published in the Official Gazette. Oppositions may be filed within 60 days from publication date.
- POA: General Power of attorney is sufficient for continuous applications.
- Use Requirements: Use of a trademark is not required for registration or renewal of a mark. However, a trademark is vulnerable to cancellation by any interested party if there has been no effective use of the mark within the five years preceding the date of filing for cancellation.
- Licensing: License recordal is not compulsory but advisable in order to be effective against third parties.
- Merger: A merger may be recorded for trademark registrations only.
- Cancellation: A trademark is subject to cancellation before the Court by any interested party within 5 years from registration date unless the mark was registered in bad faith in which there is no time limit.
- Search & Registration Time Frame: The time frame for conducting is between 5 to 10 working days and for completing the registration process is 12 to 18 months.