The Office of the Privacy Commissioner for Personal Data (PCPD) is an independent statutory body set up to oversee the enforcement of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) ("the Ordinance") which came into force on 20th December, 1996.
Our mission is to secure the protection of privacy of the individual with respect to personal data through promotion, monitoring and supervision of compliance with the Ordinance.
We aim to ensure that:
- individuals are aware of their rights as data subjects under the Ordinance and how to exercise them;
- public and private sector organizations are aware of their obligations as data users under the Ordinance and how to meet them;
- individuals and public/private sector organizations are aware of the role of the PCPD and how we can assist them;
- enquiries are responded to courteously and efficiently to the satisfaction of the enquirer;
- complaints are investigated and resolved efficiently in a manner that is fair to all parties concerned;
- all other functions of the PCPD are carried out cost-effectively and efficiently; and
- all other jurisdictions with data protection laws are aware of the robustness of our law protecting the privacy of the individual with respect to personal data so as to obviate any interference in the free flow of personal data to Hong Kong.
Promote your business for free on Just Landed:
- 1.Sign up with or login
- 2.Set up a free business account
- 3.Edit your listing - get new customers