Since 1996, ISQ has been the school of choice for international families that want to prepare their children for success with robust, rigorous academics and numerous offerings in a familial, caring environment. International School of Qingdao (ISQ) is an international school for pre-kindergarten through grade twelve students. Our college-preparatory curriculum at ISQ is North American in nature and is sculpted for our international community from around the world.
Some ISQ history:
- Founded by the non-profit Management Technologies International (MTI)
- June 1996
- Receives its licensing from Qingdao Education Commission
- September 1996
- Receives its license from the National Education Ministry
- Summer 1998
- Moves to a new campus at the Qingdao Children's Activity Center
- Summer 2007
- Moves to a larger campus to accommodate
- Summer 2010
- Changed its name to "International School of Qingdao" to align with it's school system's names. ISQ keeps it's original Chinese name 青岛MTI国际学校.
- Summer 2017
- ISQ moves to a new campus in the Licang district.
- ISQ renews its WASC accreditation