PRESERVING OUR HERITAGE, CREATING OUR FUTURE
Preserving our Heritage . . .
Caye Caulker’s heritage is rich with cultural and environmental wealth. Ocean Academy is committed to preserving this heritage through:
1) building awareness about the island’s cultural history and ecosystem (littoral forest, mangroves, turtle grass, and coral reef),
2) teaching an interdisciplinary curriculum,
3) facilitating student-led, primary research,
4) building leadership skills, and
5) encouraging activism.
Therefore, our goal in education is not simply academics, but an overall commitment to appreciating, respecting and preserving our island’s heritage so that future generations may know the beauty of Caye Caulker that exists today.
Creating our Future . . .
A broad academic and spiritual education provides students with the intellect and character they need to care for themselves, their families and their communities. Ocean Academy is committed to providing the highest quality curriculum and teachers to enable students to create options for the rest of their lives. Students are equipped and expected to lead lives with service of compassion, respect, and justice. Ocean Academy students carry a responsibility to build a better future for the next generation.
Promote your business for free on Just Landed.
- Sign up with or login
- Set up a free business account
- Edit your listing - get new customers